Friday, February 24, 2006

How the other half of my brain thinks

Well this post is to give justice to the other half of my brain (Well some of you may argue with, me having brain at all, but i like to beleive i do). When my brain is not occupied with thinking about lack of sleep, too much work ,and lack of love life , it does dwell into the matters of the world.

I have always since childhood taken keen interest in politics, poverty, globalization and such like. Not at a high intellectual level but on a high curiosity level. I remember i have always followed with keen interest election results, even when everyone around me wanted to watch something else.

So here are my ramblings on issues that are making headlines

Cartoon controversy- Whole of my family has an RSS leaning, so i have had rightish bias in me. But as i have become more mature i have shifted towards the center. I am not sure of the judgement of western media to publish those cartoons at this time, it was uncalled for. But that does not and should not take away there right to do so. bad or good they should be free to do that judgement. The reaction of the Islam world was expected and nothing suprising.

But i was more interested in how the indian government and indian liberals would react and again it was hardly surprising. The Indian government expressed its regret, my god for what and why? it has nothing to do with the state. Another familiar pattern is of those high handed so called liberals. Where are the mahesh bhatts, javed akthars, shabana azmis, arundathi roys who would go hammer and tongs about freedom of speech if a similar thing would have happened with Hindu gods. As Arun shourie said this is shallow liberalism of the kind "Weak to the strong, strong to the weak" which only gives fillip to Praveen tagodias and such like

My views on globalization will come soon, now have to run back to work..Sigh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home